San Francisco, Calif.
We are looking for an ASA or FSA with experience in health actuarial work. The position requires creative actuarial capabilities, good communication and interpersonal skills, and organizational talents. A high degree of self-motivation is also necessary for success. We provide extensive on-the-job training in consulting skills and advanced actuarial techniques.
Initial responsibilities for this position include:
* Managing project completion and budget
* Writing reports
* Select and apply actuarial models to client situations
* Develop and implement actuarial models
* Manage client relationships
Developing responsibilities will include managing client relationship and business development.
Candidates should possess the following:
* Five or more years of relevant experience
* Health experience is required
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
* FSA or ASA designation
* Good writing and speaking skills
* Proficiency with spreadsheets and database applications
* Experience in prioritizing and completing multiple projects and tasks
* Technical proficiency in modeling healthcare pricing, reserving, healthcare reform topics and data reporting
* Ability to work in a flexible, team-based environment
* Ability to plan projects, identify project deliverables, meet deadlines and ensure compliance with quality procedures
* Project management skills, including task delegation and follow-up, organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects
* Experience with spreadsheet and word processing applications is required, and experience with database and statistical applications (e.g. access, SAS) is desired
* Attention to detail
* Strong work ethic
* Resourceful, creative, ability to work independently and in a team environment
Milliman offers competitive compensation commensurate with your experience and a comprehensive employee benefits package. You will be eligible for a substantial incentive bonus and profit sharing, while enjoying opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
No recruiters, please.
* See all job openings
* Common questions
Milliman is an equal opportunity employer
We recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status,
or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accomodation
with the job application process, please contact the HR department.