The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in the daily operations of the store. This includes the responsibility of assisting the store in achieving its sales goals, meeting merchandising standards and delivering operational excellence through effectively leading a high performing team. The Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers as well as the Area Manager to assess the needs of the customer and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales and operational objectives. In addition, the Assistant Store Manager is expected at times to provide full leadership over the store.
- Assist in the areas of Merchandising, Operations, and Customer Service
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered, and teaming up with co-workers to provide excellent sales service
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling and training.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Act as a partner between customers, sales associates and store leadership
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge, and current or upcoming product
- Contributes to a positive and inclusive work environment
- Previous retail management experience a plus
- Strong knowledge or passion for hockey
- Proven experience in a retail/customer service environment
- Ability to motivate recruit, hire and motivate employees
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Employee Discount