Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Director New Product Oncology Access opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Market access insights and requirements form an essential part of successful new product design. New Product Specialty Access Lead ensures relevant market payer landscape information is reflected in the new non-oncology related product design and that payer value requirements are reflected in early evidence, value and pricing strategy through phase up decisions prior to proof of concept.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Marketing Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organizations (HCOs) and Patient Organizations (POs).
Essential Job Responsibilities
Represent market access in interfacing with NPT and/or HEOR/R&D, understand and actively anticipate input required from market access perspective for the new non-oncology product, as guided by the Global Market Access Lead
- Lead insights generation, provide initial view on market landscape and develop initial market access strategy with HEOR, for new product
- Be the voice of market access for the new non-oncology related product; assess payer value opportunity and actively shape outcome of stage up decisions from a market access perspective
- Build value vision; identify price reimbursement opportunity; and define indication sequencing for new products committed to Ph 2a
- Able to exercise discretion on most appropriate mode of insights generation -- e.g. conducting secondary research, leveraging existing knowledge/resources, contracting external consultancy / research agencies, knowing when to engage Archetype Access Leads and to what extent
- Drive incorporation of market access insights and requirements by NPT, actively shape design of new non-oncology related product
- Drive incorporation of market access insights and requirements by R&D, actively shape clinical study data need of new non-oncology related product
Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
Mandatory Compliance requirements
To be aware of Astellas' Group Code of Conduct and associated policies and procedures and other applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Clarify and seek guidance as required, and raise any concerns, in a timely manner, with relevant manager; which may include reference to the Ethics and Compliance Team and/or Ethics and Compliance Helpdesk.
- Undertake and comply with relevant mandatory Ethics and Compliance training and updates to maintain personal awareness; all training to be undertaken in a timely manner.
- Be aware of and comply with, the Astellas Way and Astellas Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviors, in addition to Astellas' HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
Leads the strategic planning process to drive breakthrough initiatives that support Astellas' strategy.
- Strategic thinking skills to create a robust business case, analyses commercial and business information and devise strategy.
Comprehensive understanding of corporate strategy, business administration, F&A, R&D and manufacturing technologies.
Innovation & Change:
Acts as ambassador for change; able to embrace/persuade to secure sponsorship, commitment and innovation.
Demonstrates thought leadership and an environment able to generate and harness new ideas and/or ways of working.
Strong leadership presence; drives business practices that transform and enable high-performance teams to deliver sustainable results.
- Sound judgment, objectivity and decision-making skills; overcomes set-backs/challenges. Creates a culture of personal and corporate accountability, addresses non-compliance.
- Flexibility and mental agility necessary to analyze complex problems and develop sound recommendation to mitigate functional/ business risk.
IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
Creates common purpose: seeks ideas, input. Challenges and facilitates robust solutions.
- Establishes strong network with diverse people/functions in multi-disciplinary settings and regions (EMEA, Americas, Japan and Asia).
- Ability to secure commitment from senior sponsors (local/international) and stakeholders (i.e. projects, budgets and resources).
Strong presentation, communication, influencing and mgmt. reporting skills (compliance, qualitative/quantitative updates, risks/corrective action etc.) for diverse internal and/or external audience.
Developing & Inspiring:
Proactively develops talent, coaches and empowers for success. Anticipates future skills, deployment and strategic resource planning.
Experienced in managing within global virtual and matrix organization (indirect and functional reporting).
Working as One Astellas:
Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance locally/internationally. Incorporates cross-cultural perspectives when addressing challenging situations.
- Respectful, natural coach. High integrity.
- Bachelor's degree with further qualification MBA, PhD or equivalent professional qualification
- Prior global experience in a global pharmaceutical company
- Minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical business experience which may include:
- Health outcome, marketing, finance or related experience
- Market Access, Reimbursement or HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a proven track record of strategy development and execution.
- Strong understanding and experience of working within different payer environments and drivers for reimbursement, value-based access, and how to integrate into drug development and commercial strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing evidence generation strategies, informing government strategies including advocacy development, payer value proposition, negotiation workshops, and relevant training programs.
- Deep knowledge / scientific background on the assigned TA/New product.
- Experience working in global position and working across regional organizations
- Personal Skills
- Strong leadership: Ready to take a leading role in work streams and exercise influence in the decision-making process among diverse functional and geographical areas and at all levels of management.
- Strategic thinking: Must be able to see operational trends and activities and relate their impact to the "bigger" strategic picture.
- Strong communication: Both verbal and written, including presentation skills essential. Fluent in written and verbal business English. Proven ability of successfully managing complexity across multi-functional stakeholders, and building strong relationships
- Analytical thinker: Capable of defining complex problems and identifying novel approaches and solutions. Ability to prioritize and resolve trade-offs between competing demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled