Full Time Employee
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit ~~~.Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Operations Leader with a dotted line to the Group Vice President (GVP) of Operations, the Optum Specialty Practice Finance Lead will have full financial responsibility for a developing business segment of Surgical Care Affiliates (SCA) and OptumCare. Optum Specialty Practices (OSP) partners with specialty physician groups to support their migration into value-based healthcare as part of the OptumCare team. OSP partners to provide practice management and clinical performance support, referral and payer alignment, data analytics, and strategic capital while the practices themselves provide physician leadership, market knowledge and clinical excellence to create market-leading specialty care delivery systems. OSP is responsible for delivering high-value specialty care networks that overlay and integrate with SCA, OptumCare Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs), and other OptumCare partners.
The successful candidate is responsible for all financial aspects of the Group including, but not limited to:
- Acting as a strategic business partner with the GVP of Operations to transform the group's position across key geographies to achieve and sustain competitive advantage,
- Consistently growing EBITDA by:
- growing earnings through acquisitions and developing a strategic
- growing earnings in existing partnerships through leading profitable top-line growth initiatives, developing new partnerships, and effectively managing expenses, and
- Speaking with authority on behalf of the GVP of Operations and representing him/her at partnership or board meetings,
- Creating, implementing, and pulling through opportunities which drive financial growth and operational performance,
- Create infrastructure to support rapid and scalable growth of the OSP division,
- Hiring and developing A-Players, and
- At all times representing SCA as an enterprise leader
It is expected the Financial Operations Lead will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the Group regarding long- and short-term financial goals, budgets and forecasts
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgets, monthly profit and loss statement by group & region
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide insight and recommendations on trajectory of business
- Identify and develop analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service lines
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures
- Oversee the month-end close process and review month-end close actives including general ledger accounts, balance sheet account and overhead cost allocations
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management for the group
- Mentor and develop a team of finance managers and analysts, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic
- Managing all strategic and day-to-day financial aspects of the group
- Serving as a member of the executive team for the group, both internally, as well as with external constituencies, including the physician community and other key referral sources at the market level
- Working closely with the SCA Development Team and other senior executives to identify and pull through of acquisitions and joint venture partnerships on a market, regional, and national basis
- Identify areas of opportunity to standardize, simplify, and streamline to drive our value of continuous improvement
- A minimum of eight to ten years accounting, finance operations, or financial planning & analysis
- Prior or current experience as a corporate or regional-based financial operations leader with demonstrated financial discipline and success in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to digest financial information, render judgment, create context, pattern recognition
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Collaborate within other finance teams, across other departments, and with Operations
- Stand out and drive the organization forward, own the room, project an authentic and confident style
- Ability to resolve difficult problems; be persuasive with variety of stakeholders, including MDs, practice CEOs, Operations Leads and development leaders.
- A strong track record of developing and executing on financial plans with an eye towards incorporating innovative approaches and capitalizing on unique opportunities.
- Exceptional skills in identifying, recruiting, developing, retaining and motivating strong teams.
- Proven track record of leading teams
An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, is required. Additional education such as Masters-level studies in business and/or CPA desirable, but not required.
- Driven, self-motivated with an extraordinary will to win
- Collaborative, engages in a direct, inclusive, and respectful manner
- Creative, deeply curious, constantly learning, and exploring innovative approaches to solving problems
- Disciplined, executes top priorities relentlessly and follows through on commitments
- Influential, develops strong leaders and strong teams and creates capacity in others.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
DP #BusinessOperations #finance #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates