As a leader in property development and management, WinnCompanies is turning housing into homes. They are creating a challenging, fast-paced workplace where teamwork, innovation, and mutual respect are both valued and rewarded. They believe the relationships built with each other are just as important as the work they do. With 3,600 team members working across 500+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
The Senior Director of Communications is responsible for captivating and engaging audiences sought by WinnCompanies to meet its overall business and growth objectives; enhance and maintain its reputation and brand recognition; advance employee engagement; and quarterback and implement internal communications endeavors. As a hands-on leader, develop and implement integrated strategic communications plans which advance goals, objectives, and priorities of the Company; lead efforts to broaden and strengthen awareness of its mission and citizenship; and increase its visibility across key stakeholders, including media and trade publications. Ensure a consistent favorable brand image for the Company across multiple platforms and avert or mitigate issues or events that may create an unfavorable brand image (including crisis management). Continuously assess and measure the effectiveness of communications strategies, recommend new approaches, and implement and measure the results of changes.
- Build and help implement an effective Internal Communications program that leverages multiple channels to engage and inform employees.
- Manage WinnCompanies responses to new business opportunities, including RFQs/RFPs, grant applications, presentations, & questionnaires.
- Plan and implement an integrated communications strategy that incorporates online channels and social media tools, allowing the organization and leaders to establish and maintain relationships with various audiences, including media and key influencers.
- Coordinate crisis management communications as necessary, contributing to the companyâ€™s broader strategies and goals and protecting the companyâ€™s reputation.
- Draft, review, and revise the content for executive communications, as directed, for internal and external communications, including emails, Intranet content, talking points, presentations, remarks, and speeches.
- Collaborate with leadership to maintain the Company website and intranet and support the creation and distribution of all communications.
- Support government relations and public affairs outreach and initiatives.
- Manage department staff and budget; regularly report on communications activities and effectiveness; identify, recruit, and manage vendors as needed.
- Sets goals and priorities for the functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices, and programs. The manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Full responsibility for planning, monitoring, and managing department budget.
- Act as a team leader for small projects or workgroups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment, and improving workflows.
- Provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the area(s) of responsibility; Resolves service issues in the area(s) of responsibility in a timely and respectful manner.
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously - Must be able to multi-task and switch gears in an instant while maintaining a calm presence
- Proficiency in social media tools and channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience in reputation management for an enterprise.
- Experience in engagement communications for a matrixed, scattered-site enterprise
- PR and Media Relations experience
WinnCompanies is a well-respected management and development company that has earned its excellent reputation over the years. Current employees are proud to work for a company that improves so many peopleâ€™s lives through affordable and high - quality housing.
Chaloner has partnered with WinnCompanies on their search for a Senior Communications Director. Interested candidates should apply by using the application form. Chaloner will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.